The key to a healthy diet is to eat the right amount of calories for how active you are so you balance the energy you consume with the energy you use.For youth and adults healthy eating is essential for optimising performance.Combining good nutrition with physical activity can lead to a healthier lifestyle.
Here are some healthy food you can try for good health..
1) Energise with grains:-The quickest energy source comes from foods such as bread, pasta, oatmeal, cereals, and tortillas. Be sure to make at least half of your grain food you have to choices whole-grain foods like whole-wheat bread or pasta and brown rice.
2) Eat lots of fruit and vegetables:- Get the nutrients your body needs by eating a variety of vegetables and fresh fruits, Try black berries, red and yellow peppers, and dark greens like spinach and kale.
A portion of fresh, canned or frozen fruit and vegetables is 80g. and a portion of dried fruit (which should be kept to mealtimes) is 30g.
3) Maximise with nutrient-packed foods:- The best nutrient-packed food is whole grains,lean protein, fruits and vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free dairy. Eat less food high in solid fats, added sugars, and sodium (salt).
4) Don’t forget dairy:- Thee best dairy product Foods like fat-free and low-fat milk, cheese, yogurt, and fortified soy beverages (soy-milk) help to build and maintain strong bones needed for everyday activities.
5) Balance your meals:-Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day..
6) Drink water:-Stay hydrated by drinking water instead of sugary drinks.Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, Keep a reusable water bottle with you to always have water on hand.
7) Balance how much to eat:-Get personalised nutrition information based on your age, gender, height, weight, current physical activity level, and other factors. Use Super-tracker to determine your calorie needs, plan a diet that’s right for you, and track progress toward your goal
8) Reach your healthy goals:- Earn Presidential recognition for reaching your healthy eating and physical activity goals